Read about the Lemonade diet (Lemon diet / Master Cleanse) guide here! For almost close to 50 years now, the Lemonate diet’s original recipe by Stanley Burroughs has produced amazing results. However, there have been alterations of The Lemonade Diet recipe being promoted. The problem with this idea being that the The Lemonade Diet alterations are carried out with no understanding the working of the original ingredients. With the Master Cleanse being a juice, addition of shakes, cayenne pepper capsules or powdered protein with a motive to improve the efficiency is a drawback since it brings down the diet’s efficiency.
Read: Flat Belly Diet Plan Recipes
Top 6 Lemonade Diet benefits
First, let’s learn about the top 6 benefits of the Lemonade Diet (Lemon Detox Diet)
- Detoxification of the bowel and liver
- Weight loss through elimination of fat stores with the potential to harbor much toxins
- Mind clarity and ability to view life through a clearer perspective
- A positive life outlook
- Healing of many infections, addictions and diseases
- Transforming the body through rejuvenating the skin, clear eyes, and disappearance of sun spots. However, the results are subject to vary.
Why the Lemonade Diet Recipe works for weight loss?
The lemonade diet’s main purpose is to offer the digestive tract a “vacation” of ten days, so addition of items to be digested has merely no contribution to the lemonade diet’s objective. Stanley Burroughs greatly discourages consumption of supplements and vitamins when undertaking this program since it causes an interference with the elimination system of the body. In addition, the lemon and maple syrup contains vitamins and minerals required by the body during the detoxification program.
Some other changes include mistakes in the water ration through adjustment and dilution of the original recipe. This adjustment beats logic since it stipulates for a minimum of 6 drinks a day which is more than what the body requires. It is of importance to remember that results that worked for those who faithfully followed the Master Cleanse program and lemonade recipe may not be produced due to variations in the process and recipe.
Master cleanse diet recipe
The Lemonade Diet Recipe
The single serve of the Lemonade diet recipe provided in Stanley Burrough’s book is stipulated below:
- 2 teaspoons of lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup that is genuine
- 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 10 oz. water
Lemonade Diet alternative
The following Lemonade Diet alternative is offered by Tom for those who can’t enjoy their lemonade:
- Make a mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and maple syrup in a dark container as a concentrate and keep it cool.
- For as long as you cannot make the fresh lemonade juice, make enough of the concentrate.
- In a glass, measure 4 tablespoons of the mixture each time you want a glass of lemonade.
- Make an addition of water and cayenne pepper, stir and drink. Preservation of the lemon juice is done by the maple syrup in addition to preventing oxidation of enzymes and vitamin C.
Stanley Burrough’s remarks were fondly recalled by Tom Woloshyn. It is reported that he has repeatedly used a phrase that is mostly used by technical people when giving instructions to customers who are frustrated, “when all else fails, follow the instructions.” So as to ensure success and reap maximum benefits from the Master Cleanse Detox Diet, proper comprehension of the program is essential. Faithful following prescriptions given is the initial step in this direction.
Precautions about the Lemon Detox Diet
- Lemon juice purchased from the store should not be used. FRESH juice from the lemon is what you need.
- Regular syrup should not be used. This is due to the fact that it is not similar in addition to being loaded with more sugars, preservatives and high fructose corn syrup (which does not detoxify the liver but clogs it).
- Take not less than 6 glasses of lemonade daily in addition to taking additional water to top up.
- Do not put your lemons under refrigeration. Let them ripen at room temperature. If purchased in bulk, put about 10 of the ripest out and refrigerate the rest.
- Breaking the Master Cleanse it wrong. Instructions on how to break the Master Cleanse should be read below.