The Deadpool Workout shapes Ryan Reynolds into the superhero he plays in the Deadpool movie. The Deadpool workout focuses on 1-2 body parts a day. To get in superhero shape, Ryan Reynolds uses just about every piece of equipment in the gym. Reynolds uses split training to get bigger for his role as Deadpool.
Ryan Reynolds @vancityreynolds Instagrams himself alongside his trainer for the movie, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds works out with Don Saladino (@donsaldino). Reynolds jokes about his own body image, and mentions his trainer, who:
Enjoys standing next to these two incredibly life-like Deadpool statues.
Deadpool Workout Routine
The Deadpool workout routine focuses on one, big body part per day. There is often a secondary muscle group worked, as well. The weekly split is Chest on Monday, Legs on Tuesday, Cardio on Wednesday, Shoulders on Thursday and Back on Friday. Abs are done twice per week.
Chest & Biceps Workout
After a foam rolling warm up, Ryan Reynolds would do a Chest & Biceps workout. Biceps are always a part of Chest day. Sometimes Reynolds and his trainer would work biceps in again, later in the week.
(Monday Workout): Click Links For Exercise Descriptions.
- Bench Press 5 x 5 reps
- Incline Bench Press 4 x 10 reps
- Incline Chest Flys 4 x 10-12 reps
- Standing Cable Flys 4 x 10-12 reps
- Stability Ball Push-Ups 2 x failure
- Barbell Curl 4 x 6-8 reps
- Hammer Curls 4 x 10-12 reps
- Cable Curls 2 x 20 reps
Reynolds says they would sometimes add a superset to the chest workout. Instead of doing just Incline Chest Flys, they would put 2 exercises together. Reynolds would do Incline Chest Flys + Cable Flys (4 x 10-12 reps each) with no rest, until 1 set of each was done.
Legs & Abs Workout
After a Lateral Jumps and High-Knees warm up, Ryan Reynolds does a Legs & Abs workout. Reynolds would also add cardio at the end of each workout, on days where he had time.
(Tuesday Workout): Click Links For Exercise Descriptions.
- Barbell Squats 5 x 5 reps
- Single-Leg Squat 3 x 5 reps
- Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift 4 x 8 reps
- Lateral Lunges 3 x 8 reps
- Walking Lunges 3 x 10 reps
- Hanging Knee Raises 3 x 15 reps
- Planks 3 x 30 secs
- Side Planks 3 x 30 secs
- Ab Wheel 3 x 10-20 reps
- (sub: if no Ab Wheel, Medicine Ball Slam 3 x 10 reps)
- Stability Ball Mountain Climbers 3 x 10 reps (each leg)