Jared Fogle will plead guilty to distributing and receiving child pornography and engaging in sex acts with minors recently. He first came to media attention in 1999 when his extreme weight loss was reported by his former dorm-mate. So what is the subway diet?
The “subway diet” is a kind of diet created by Jared Fogle. By eating Subway sandwiches, he was able to lose weight from over 400 pounds to 190 pounds. After his friend wrote about his weight loss story in a local newspaper, he came to fame immediately.
Here are two version of the Subway Diet:
Subway Diet version 1
[box]Lunch: A 6 inch Turkey Sub + potato chips (baked)[/box]
[box]Dinner: A 12 inch veggie Sub[/box]
Subway Diet version 2
[box]Breakfast: Small bowl of cereal with skimmed milk. Black coffee with sweetener.[/box]
[box]Lunch: Turkey Subway Sandwich. Diet Pepsi.[/box]
[box]Dinner: Vegetarian Subway Sandwich. Water.[/box]
[box]Snacks: Apple, orange, water.[/box]
Here are 5 truths you should know about the Subway Diet!
1. The real reason behind the subway diet is the subway diet is composed of low calorie foods. In fact taking low calorie foods works for weight loss no matter it’s the subway diet or the other kind of diets. Anyhow, this is a better choice is you usually eat high-calorie foods at McDonald’s.
2. He skipped breakfast or just drinking a cup of coffee in the morning. In fact drinking coffee without eating breakfast will control your appetite but not good for your health.
3. Cooking at home is a whole lot healthier than eating at the subway if you can cut back on portions and exercising more! Because in order to make the foods taste better, nearly all of the subway restaurants or shops add unnecessary pounds of fat, sugar, oils to their foods.
4. You can try the veggie max if you truly want to try the subway diet and don’t know where to start!
5. The diet coke won’t help for weight loss. By switching beer, juice or pop to pure water it will help you lose weight much quicker!