I know, it’s hard to believe men worrying right? But trust me when it comes to aging and health related issues they are no different than women!
Here some of the most common issues that beats them down:
1. Gynecomastia: An excessive breast tissue in males maybe due to hormonal imbalance is unjustified and to an extent, rude. Blood pressure lowering medications are a big cause. An associated disorder is obesity, which is due to a greater exposure of men to estrogen-mimicking chemicals abundant in perfumes, after-shave lotions, body sprays and sometimes, in perfumed soaps. It may start from lumps in one or both testicles which must not always be cancerous causing an enlargement, heaviness in scrotum and tenderness of the upper chest, transforming to gynecomastia.
2. Skin problems: Okay, it’s not the tween-age anymore but that doesn’t mean ugliness will not show-up once in a while. Acnes too. They love being in touch but even the most innocent looking pucker may show up with the most vicious intentions, all in a sudden. Skin is a little price to pay; it’s the infection we fear the most. Creams and gels like benzoyl peroxide or other topical treatments are tougher to be regular with than antibiotics.
3. Receding hairlines: it’s not a good feel to turn less attractive (for most), but hey, they look good when they look strong and that receding hairline often brings the tough look or at least make him believe it!
4. Excess sub-cutaneous fat: Love it or hate it, we all secretly curse any uneven distribution of fat that might bar the view to an otherwise decent ‘V’. Strength training and a definite food pattern is the way to end this trouble. This also helps control Gynecomastia by decreasing the feminizing enzyme aromatase by promoting testosterone levels.
5. Andropause: Thinking about it gives them mixed feelings; sometimes it doesn’t matter and at others – absolutely creepy. It’s even more frightening knowing that it depends largely on your androgen levels how you deal with crisis, so there seems to be a reason to be worried about. More so, for it may initiate diabetes and heart diseases.
6. Beer bellies: they worry the least on it, but try visualizing all internal organs sitting in a bed of fat. Beer belly is that bed; rather, a load inside your body supported by the abdominal skin.